Santa's Reindeer Wreath

Happy Friday everyone! This week has been a week of experimentation as far as colouring is concerned. I’ve been trying to incorporate mediums into my cards that I haven’t used in awhile.

Today’s card features a few different stamp sets from Power Poppy. You all know how I love my little stamp images and like to use them in unique ways… well, today is no different! I used the little evergreen bough from the “Merry Littles” stamp set to create my own wreath plus a few other added accessories from the same stamp collection.

I created it using two different pigment inks… yup, pigment inks, from Catherine Pooler Designs to colour in not only my wreath but my Santa and deer image from the “Under Glass: Christmas Traditions” stamp set too.

I just love how they turned out!

To make my wreath all I did was:
  1. Using just the single pine bough from the “Merry Littles” stamp set, I stamped in a circle using the Green Tea and Eucalyptus inks.
  2. Then I applied some water to soften the layer.
  3. I went back again and added Green Tea and Eucalyptus ink with only the very tip of the bough stamp.
  4. I added some fun Rhubarb Crumble Nuvo Drops as berries. 
Have you played along yet in our 12 Days of Christmas Challenge?  There are 12 possible ways you can enter, and tons of inspiration we’ve given at the Power Poppy blog over the past few weeks.   Be sure to check out the first day and entry spot HERE, and a summary of all the 12 Days of inspiration are HERE

Before you go, take a moment and check out what my fellow Bloomies have been up to…

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a crafty weekend!

~ Ally ~
 

Stamps: Power Poppy (Merry Littles, Under Glass: Christmas Traditions)
Cardstock: Recollections (#110 White)
Patterned Papers: Crate Paper (Fa la la la 6x6), Penny Black (Gentle Whisper 6x6
Dies: My Favorite Things (Stitched Rectangles STAX 2)
Inks: Catherine Pooler Designs (Peppermint Scrub, Green Tea, Black Jack, Midnight, Icing on the Cake, Bellini, Sauna, Juniper Mist, Eucalyptus, Daydream), Sakura (White Gel Pen)

Other: Nuvo Drops (Rhubarb Crumble)

2 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Ally this is so smart and so CUTE! How you coloured with the pigment ink really gives it a different look and the wreath is awesome to frame it all up!

CherylQuilts said...

Ally, this is absolutely beautiful, and I love how you've created the wreath with the pine bough stamps...creative...that's our Ally! And I am so surprised and in love with your Santa and reindeer...amazed at how you used the pigment ink to color it! Beautifully done, and it's stunning! Warm hugs and love!! xoxo

 
09 10