Inspire Me Monday: Turnaround Technique

Hey everyone!  Happy Monday!

Today I’m over on the Power Poppy blog for my newest episode of Inspire Me Monday.  This month I’m doing a tutorial take on the turnabout stamps that have entered the stamping industry this year.

I have brand new video tutorial on how I created 2 of the 4 panels for the NINE Christmas cards I created.  Yup… I made 9 cards!  To check out all nine cards and the video on how I created their back grounds, you can click right HERE!

To add to my examples, I thought I’d share another card example here on my blog but this time use a birthday theme for my turnaround technique.

I first selected a variety of fun birthday themed stamps and sentiments and also some other mini stamps to create my patterned back ground.
Power Poppy Stamps Used: Party Time (Cake Slice, Sentiments), Tree of Life (Dove), Tea in the Garden (Strawberry, Lemon Tea Cup, Small Flowers), Sassy Succulents (mini succulent), Potted Primroses (potted primrose, single primrose), Short Stacks (Happy Birthday to You sentiment)

And onto the two cards I created using this fun panel…

My first card, I cut a complete rectangular panel from the back ground.   I created a tone on tone soft teal coloured back ground piece by stamping the “Happy Birthday” greeting in a similar ink on the cardstock.  Then I created a simple tag sentiment for the front.

And look at all the added sparkle…
Copics: V000, V01, R11, R12, R14, YR30, YG00, YG03, Y11, Y02, BG000, B000, G00

And for my final card, I only have a limited long strip of the back ground paper so I decided to add it to the front of my card on a slight angle and then add the long sentiment hanging over top.  Easy, peasy!

Thanks for joining me today!  I hope my video tutorial over on the Power Poppy Blog inspires you to create a festive back ground or two this holiday season!

Thanks for stopping in!

~ Ally ~


Stamps: Power Poppy (Short Stacks, Potted Primroses, Sassy Succulents, Tea in the Garden, Tree of Life, Party Time)
Cardstock: Recollections (#110 White), Stampin’ Up! (Pool Party)

Patterned Papers: My Favorite Things (Proper Pinstripes Pastels 6x6), Your Next Stamp (Hugs and Kisses 6x6)
Dies: My Favorite Things (Stitched Rectangles STAX 2), SugarPea Designs (Stitched Flags)
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Catherine Pooler Designs (Mint To Be), Copic Markers, Sakura (White Gel Pen), Spectrum Noir (Sparkle Pen)
Sequins: CraftMedley (Princess)

Tools: Copic Air Brush
Other: Stickles (Star Dust)

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Well, sweet and amazing Ally, I guess I've been in a cave somewhere...haha! I had not heard of turnaround stamping, but I LOVE it! What an amazing tutorial you did for Inspire Me Monday, and I LOVE the Christmas cards you made. And wow, do I love these birthday cards! Just love the small images you've used, and I even saw a bit of your favorite color, eh? Hehe! I spy, eh? What fabulous layouts, and now you have my creative juices overflowing!! Woohoo! Warm hugs and love!! xoxo

CherylQuilts said...

P. S. Ally, thank you for including the "recipe" for your cards. I really appreciate it!

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Ally, this is the first that I have heard of turnaround stamping, and I assume it is your creation. It's very creative and I LOVE IT! I have to try it! You created some gorgeous cards from your panels with remarkable layouts! You are so creative, Ally! Thanks so very much for sharing this wonderful technique!! It would be a great one to share on SCS!!

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs

Cindy said...

Thanks Ally for sharing this fun technique. Your video was so helpful and I'm so appreciative to you for sharing this as well as the time it must have taken to figure this out, make your samples, and film your great instructional video!

the PaperTemptress said...

I am totally addicted now to making my own turnabout stamps....addicted I tell you LOL...thanks for sharing this technique!

Tonya said...

Thanks for sharing this technique! Excited to make my own turnabout backgrounds!

 
09 10