Power Poppy: A Cheery Hello

Howdy all and Happy Friday!  I’m off on a fun camping trip with my Scouts this weekend.  We are going to our Great Escape Camp.  All the Scouts and the Venturers get to play a game out in a field all night and we as Scouters get to follow them around! Trust me… it’s much more fun than it sounds!  Wish me luck and not to step into any gopher holes!

So in honour of having fun, I decided to focus on some Power Poppy critters on my card today.  I chose all the critters and little stamps from the “Tree of Life” stamp set to use.  I created my own patterned paper!
They’re all so cute!  I just adore that little squirrel stamp from the set.  I coloured everything with Prismacolor Pencils and then used some Gamsol to help blend all the colours together on my cardstock.

I used the sentiment from the “Potted Primroses” collection too!  Here’s a close up…
Prismacolor Pencils: Chartreuse, Apple Green, Grass Green, Dark Green, Orange, Poppy Red, Crimson Red, Parma Violet, Mulberry, Sienna Brown, Tuscan Red, Dark Brown, Silver

Don’t forget to play along with our Power & Spark Challenge this month! 
This month you get to colour on some kraft cardstock and share your creation with us.  For more information, click the challenge name above.

Don't forget to check out my fellow Bloom Brigaders have created to share with you today....



Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope I’ve inspired you to come and create your own patterned paper too!  Gather up all those stamps and have a ball!  Have a great weekend!

~ Ally ~


StampsPower Poppy (Tree of Life, Potted Primroses)
Cardstock:  Recollections (110# White)
Inks: Versafine (Black Onyx), Prismacolor Pencils, Copic Markers (V01), Sprectrum Noir (Clear Sparkle Pen), Sakura (White Gel Pen), Copic Pen (0.3)
Dies: Pretty Pink Posh (Tiny Tags)
Ribbon:  Offray
Other: Gamsol, Nuvo Drops (Morning Dew)

5 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Ally! How darling, and what adorable "patterned" paper you've created with all these sweet small images! I love it and love how you've added a fine line (broken in just the right places) and then shaded it. Brilliant idea and a really great touch! Beautifully done, sweet friend...and I'm praying that you stay out of gopher holes!! I know you are all having a blast!! Hugs and love! xoxo

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my, these little critters are adorable, right now they are all scurrying around getting ready for Winter, they flock to the feeders all day long.
Love how you created this background, such great dimension with the shading at the edge of the main panel.
Lovely card, thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

ChristineCreations said...

Ally this is SO cute! I love how you’ve used these little elements to make such a great pattern. So creative and adorable. Great use of the liines for framing too. Just that little touch really finishes it off.

Cindy said...

Love your adorable card-the background patterned paper is spectacular!

Jean said...

Just darling! Love the coloring!

 
09 10