Power Poppy: Popping By to Say Hello!

Howdy all!  Happy Friday!  I had a busy July already with a trip to Nova Scotia with my Scout troop for 11 days and celebrating a 12th birthday for my son Spencer!  I was so happy to have a rest from creating and I’m back with a great creative mojo again – it was much needed.

I haven’t actually posted much this month so here’s a quick review for all those Power Poppy lovers out there!

First off, it’s my turn to host the monthly challenge for Power Poppy, the “Power & Spark Challenge”.  This month I’m asking you to COPY a Bloomie!  Click here to find out all the details!

Don’t forget to check out this month’s Hues to Use too!  These are photo inspiration pieces to get that creative mojo running using different colour combos.  Here’s a sneak of this month’s Hues to Use

And finally, I’m up on the blog Playing with Plastic this month!  Come on out and check out my Inspire Me Monday article where I go back to a fun childhood creative media… shrink plastic!  Find out more here!

Now, on to today…

I’m playing along with my own Power & Spark Challenge today and I’m copying my fabulously wonderful and big hearted friend, Tosha Leyendekker!  Today I’m CASEing this particular card.
It features the big beautiful bouquet of Ranunculus blooms form the “Dynamic Duos: Foxglove and Ranunculus”.  My simple greeting is from the “Poppies” stamp set.  I had fun colouring it with my Copic Markers yesterday.

Well, let’s check out what the rest of my fellow Bloomies have created to share with you today…
Allison Copeyou are here!

Thanks again for joining me today!  I hope you have an amazing and creative weekend!

~ Ally ~


Stamps: Power Poppy (Dynamic Duos: Foxglove and Ranunculus, Poppies)
Cardstock: Recollections (140lb White)
Ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Memento (Tuxedo Black), Sakura (Jellyroll White Pen)
Patterned Paper:  My Favorite Things (Farm Fresh Gingham 6x6, Sweet Sunshine 6x6), Your Next Stamp (Hugs and Kisses 6x6), Copic Markers
Die: Spellbinders (Labels 17), Honey Bee Stamps (Hexagon Bunches), SugarPea Designs (Stitched Flags)
Sequins: CraftMedley (Princess)
Other: Thread.

2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Hey, sweet Ally! What a fun week it's been, and I loved your Inspire Me Monday post with the great bookmark and shrinky dinks! You are amazing! I love your CASE of Tosh's card and really love the vibrant colors and layout with the hexagons peeking out there! Beautifully done!! So glad you had a fun time with Spencer and that you worked in some creative time! Hugs! xoxo

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Ally! These blooms are colored wonderfully and I do like that honeycomb die cut accent, very cool. Beautiful case.

 
09 10