Lots of Love Bugs & a Winner

Happy Friday everyone! Here in our household we are on the grand countdown for the last few days remaining in the school year.  My son moves on to Jr. High in the fall and only has 9 more days of school after today.  Wow… this year has gone fast!  Now… on to the Power Poppy show!

As a crafter I take inspiration from all around me.  Especially from ads, challenges and fun colour combos.  I had this cool piece of colour inspiration in my “Inspiration” file on my computer and I saw lots of fun potential with not only the colours but the design and it’s use of simple lined images.  So this is the photo I took inspiration from for my card creation today.

To begin my card I drew 3 random, rounded imperfect rectangle shapes on masking paper, cut them out to create 3 rectangular masks to use as the base for my pattern.

I tried to match all the fun shades of green, blue and orange from the image using a variety of different inks from my collection to achieve the same look.

For my stamps, I used “Burst of Kindness” for the bees, “Soothing Sympathy” for the butterfly, “Sweet Memories” for the small leaf, “Peony Muse” for the large leaf and the berries and finally the “Succulent Singles” for all the other fun details.

I even added a bit of shine...


If you haven’t already guessed, my card today goes along side with our Power & Spark Challenge for the month of using bugs or insects on your cards.  I thought the bees and butterfly would look great among the greenery here.

For more challenge details, click the link above.

Also I wanted to announce the WINNER of my birthday giveaway today too!  The lucky winner is…
Congrats Natalie!  I will be contacting you sometime today for all your mailing details.

Now… make sure you check out what my fellow Bloomies have been up to creating this week…

Allison Copeyou are here!

Thanks again for joining me!  I hope you too get inspired to create this weekend!

~ Ally ~


Stamps:  Power Poppy (Burst of Kindness, Soothing Sympathy, Sweet Memories, Peony Muse, Succulent Singles)
Cardstock:  Recollections (110# White, Cloud Collection)
Inks:  Versafine (Onyx Black), Versamark, Memento (Grey Flannel, Cantaloupe), Ranger Distress Ink (Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Rusty Hinges, Faded Jeans), Catherine Pooler Designs (It’s a Boy), Papertrey Ink (Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss), Simon Says Stamp (Fog), Hero Arts Shadow Ink (Tide Pool), Sakura (Glaze Pen)
Embossing Powder:  Stampendous! (White Detail)
Washi Tape:  Teresa Collins (Urban Mask)
Twine:  Stampin’ Up! (Basic Black)

5 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Clever way to use the smaller images Ally and pretty color choices. Happy Birthday and hope its a great time with family.... hugs

Natalie said...

Adorable card! Thank you too!

ChristineCreations said...

This is really fun and creative Ally! Way to use that inspiration. Classy and perfect for our June Bug theme too! Hope you’re well on the mend now friend!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Ally, I LOVE this inspiration photo and how you've used it! You are so amazing, and I love it! Love the freehand rectangles and how you've used the small images including the bugs. You continue to delight, my friend! And I hope you are feeling better. Can you believe he's going to be a junior high schooler? Wow! Hugs! xoxo

Jean said...

Such wonderful inspiration!

 
09 10