Scrapbooker's Paradise Challenge #16

Happy Friday everyone! It's time for another Playing in Paradise Challenge at Scrapbooker's Paradise again!

This week's it's Julie's turn to challenge you and she's chosen an AWESOME challenge for you this week... that's right... use ONLY black and white on your project!

So once again, I chose to grab my trusty Flourishes stamps and away I went creating...

Black and White Butterfly
I first made my card base, 5x5 out of Bazzill Smoothies "Blackberry Swirl" cardstock. Then I cut a slightly smaller panel, approximately 4 3/4 x 4 3/4. I gathered my Stampendous Midnight Black embossing powder, my Versamark ink and my Flourishes "Cherry Blossoms" stamp set and stamped all over my smaller black panel using my heat tool to set my embossing powder.

Then I cut a square panel, 3 1/2x 3 1/2 and then a slightly smaller one, 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 out of smooth white cardstock. I then cut and embossed the shape in middle using my Spellbinder's Labels Three shape. I cut a piece of black cardstock to fit between my 2 white pieces of cardstock and I embossed another cherry blossom image.

I die cut a Spellbinders butterfly 2 and stamped more cherry blossoms on it using my favourite black ink, Tsukineko's Memento Tuxedo Black ink.


Come and check out what my fellow Challenge Team members have created with this week's challenge:

Our prize this week for our challenge winner is a fabulous array of scrappy goodies from Fancy Pants Designs, from the collection "It's The little Things". It includes some flowers, ribbon and journal embellishments. It's valued at over $16.00!

The deadline to participate in this week's challenge is Thursday, May 26th at noon MDT. Please add the direct link to your creation's blog post on the linky tool provided here. We'd also really appreciate a link from your blog to this challenge. If you are using a public gallery, please be sure to use the code PPS16.

Don't forget to check out the Scrapbooker's Paradise giveaway this month... click the image below for details.

Good luck! We hope that you'll play along with us this week!

Photobucket

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

Awesome card Ally. I love everything about it.
Very classy and elegant.
Hugs xx
p.s. That cherry blossom stamp is fabulous.

Janelle said...

Your card is just stunning! Something about Black and White is just always eye catching.

Allison Rankin said...

Stunning...one of your best for the PP challenges!

Monika/Buzsy said...

This is lovely. Love the B&W and the embossing. The frame is perfect. :o)

 
09 10