Craft Roulette ~ Fall Birthday

Yesterday was Fri-YAY so every Friday I aim to watch the latest LIVE episode of Craft Roulette!

What is Craft Roulette you ask... it's a weekly live show featuring improvised crafting, special guests, community contributions, tons of prizes and much, much more!  It's live every Friday over on YouTube.

So the four parameters that wheel spit out this week were:

  • Project: Tag with Pocket
  • Colors: #team + 2
  • Element: Light
  • Random: Black & White Image

Everything on that list is self explanatory except the colors parameter.  So over at Craft Roulette YouTube channel, the people who chat during the live event are called the Chatterboxes.  Along the way we got into a discussion about our favorite colors.  We decided that the most common favorite colors were either purple and orange.  So we started calling out our favorites... I happen to be #teampurple because it's my favorite color!  So that's where the # comes in for the color element this week.

So my project began with a fun black and white image, my "Typewriter Text Background" stamp from MFT.  Then I die cut the layers of my pocket element using the MFT "Elegant Stitched STAX Dies" and applied a purple inked stencil, "Knitted Stitching Stencil" from the Crafter's Workshop to my pocket front panel.

Then I stamped my fabulous hair girlie from the Sweet November Stamps set called "A Chill in the Hair" and colored her up with Copic Markers.  I fussy cut her out and added her with foam tape on top of my pocket.  To incorporate the "light" element of the parameters, I hand drwn in a little lantern on the branch next to her.


Inside my pocket I added a die cut tag shape from my Catherine Pooler "Scallops & Dots Die" and stamped on a simple "Happy Birthday" greeting from the MFT "Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings 3" stamp set in black ink.

If you haven't check ed out Craft Roulette to get your mojo running you should! It sure makes me think out side the box.

A HUGE thanks to Sweet November Stamps for the gift of the beautiful stamp sets (and a few more!!).  I won the entire Fall collection on a giveaway they had a few weeks ago!  If you haven't checked out there amazing stamp sets and you love coloring people, critters and scenes, then you'll be falling in love with their stuff!  Thanks to Amy and her team!!

Until the next crafty moment... tootles!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10