Lovely Magnolias

Howdy Power Poppy fans!  Happy Friday!  Today starts the first day of the long week for us cool Canadians!  Happy May 2-4 to all my fellow Canucks!

This month the Power & Spark Challenge is all about blooms…
For further challenge details, please click here!  Participate to WIN a free stamp set of your choice!

Today I’m featuring the gorgeous Magnolia blooms from the “Planning for Magnolias” stamp set.  I’ve included one of my all time favourite sentiments on my card from the “My English Rose” stamp set too!

I chose to dapple in water colours today!

Now, check out what the remainder of the Bloom Brigade has in store for you…

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Ally ~


Supplies:
stamps: Power Poppy (Planning for Magnolias, My English Rose)
cardstock: Canson Water Color Paper, Recollections (110# White)
ink: Versafine (Black Onyx), Yarka Water Colours, Pen Touch Calligrapher (Gold)
dies: Simon Says Stamp (Stitched Rectangles)
thread: Sulky (Gold Metallic).

7 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

MMM this is so lovely Ally! Your background is so pretty - almost like dapply light, love the watercolouring! Oo and that pretty gold string too!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Ally!! This is gorgeous, and I so want to do more watercoloring. I too love the dappling and how beautiful your background is. But your magnolias are exquisite with such beautiful depth and shading! Love this card and love the elegant layout with the gold thread across! Stunning, my sweet friend! LOVE!!! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

I love that sentiment, too. And, ohhhhhh, your watercoloring... fantastic!

Leslie Miller said...

I love that sentiment, too. And, ohhhhhh, your watercoloring... fantastic!

Julie Koerber said...

One word -- GORGEOUS!!!!! Love this Ally!

Lisa Lara said...

WOW Ally, love your brilliant coloring and love your background.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow Ally!! This is gorgeous!! I love your watercoloring and the fantastic background you created to enhance those beautiful blooms!!

 
09 10