Today's the last day to play along with the Textures of Nature Challenge over at Flourishes! By playing along, you could win some of our amazing new June release stamp sets. You check them out here!
So the challenge is to create something with an outdoorsy texture in mind – or use an element from nature as part of your design. It could be the texture in an embossing folder that has woodgrain, leaves or vines, it could be a leaf rubbing behind your image, something glossy like rain or shiny like a berry.
So I created this natural feeling masculine card....
Trial Mix": I used the patterned papers, green ribbon, jute twine, pearls and a wooden button from the kit for my card today.
Here's a close up of my focal image.
- I cut my white cardstock using a Spellbinder die.
- Leaving my cardstock within the die, I used my air brush and added a mix of yellows, oranges, browns and greens.
- Next I added a bit of Copic Blender Solution to old baby cloth I have (it has cool texture to it!) and carefully dabbed the solution all over the image to give it the "linen" effect.
- Then I went back with my blender pen and highlighted the clouds, tent and flags.
- I then added a bit more colour to the trees, grass and scrubs using dots of colour.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you'll join us in our challenge!
~ Ally ~
Sponsored by: Flourishes LLC