Power Poppy: Hello Rosy!

Howdy all!  Happy Friday!  Since it’s a new month, over at Power Poppy we’ll begin a new monthly challenge.

This month’s Power & Spark Challenge is all about the no-line colouring technique!  It really isn’t as hard as it looks.  For all the details, please click here.

Let me show you how I began my colouring…


A: Stamped my single rose bud from the “Everything’s Even Rosier” stamp set using Bundled Sage Distress Ink onto Arches 140lb Cold Pressed water colour paper.  You’ll want to use a light coloured ink for this technique.  I could have used a lighter ink myself… oh well!
B: Added my grey tones to all the shadow areas using my ZIG “Gray Tint”.
C: Added my base colour to my petals. ZIG “English Lavender”.
D: Added my darkest purple to all the shadow areas. ZIG “Violet”.


E: Added my next lightest-toned purple and blended out the dark purple. ZIG “Lilac”.
F: Added my mid-tone purple and blended in out. SIG “Light Violet & Lilac”.
G: Added my base coat of green to my leaves. ZIG “Green Shadow”.
H: Added some subtle yellow and orange tones to the leaves. ZIG “Yellow & Flesh Colour”.


I: Added the darker green to the shadows and veins of the leaves. ZIG “Light Green”.  As so added some more “"ZIG “English Lavender” to the shadows to darken them.
J:  Added some subtle pink colour to the rose petals. ZIG “Sugared Almond Pink”.

After trimming it out and adding it to my card… VOILA!


For my card design this week, I used the sketch from Mojo Monday blog, sketch #482:

Now, come and check out what the rest of the amazingly talented Bloom Brigade created using their Power Poppy stamps…

Thanks for stopping in!  I’d love to know if you’ve tried this fun colouring technique yourself?

~ Ally ~

Supplies:
stamps:  Power Poppy (Everything’s Even Rosier)
paper: Arches (140lb Cold Press Water Colour Paper), Simon Says Stamp (Green Leaf), MFT (Grapesicle, Vellum), Neenah (Solar White), Recollections (110lb White)
inks: Distress Ink (Bundled Sage), Catherine Pooler Designs (Flirty Fuchsia), Versamark, ZIG Clean Color Real Brushes
dies: My Favorite Things (Stitched Circles, Cross-Stitched Circles, Cross Stitched Squares), Simon Says Stamp (Small Heart Doily), Spellbinders (Scalloped Circle)
patterned papers: My Favorite Things (Tranquil Textures 6x6)
sequins: Pretty Pink Posh (Sparkling Clear 4mm, 6mm)
embossing powder: Stampendous! (Detail Clear)
pom-pom trim: Micheals

10 comments:

Karen W said...

Ally this is just gorgeous!

Stacy Morgan said...

Ally this is darling! Your rose looks fabulous. Love the purple shades, this is a fun sketch. Beautiful coloring all around.

Leslie Miller said...

Seeing your process makes it all the more remarkable and gorgeous. I read it all before I treated myself to the end result. Ally, this is stunning!

Patti J said...

Ally, this is just stunning! Thank you for the inspiration!

Linda Carson said...

Wow that's gorgeous! Thanks for the step by step tutorial!

Barbara said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial. My zigs scare me sometimes at how brilliant they can be. This really helps to show how beautifully they made a rose.

Linda Pekrul said...

Really beautiful!

Lori said...

Gorgeous coloring! Loved seeing your coloring process. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

Daria said...

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions. Your card is lovely.

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Ally, this is gorgeous, and thank you so much for sharing these step-by-step directions with photos! It sure helps me, and I really appreciate seeing how this beautiful rose is transformed. And what a gorgeous card using this fabulous Mojo Sketch! I love them and keep on wanting to try one...one of these days! Beautifully done, and it's a stunning card!! Warm hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

 
09 10