Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Cute!

Howdy fellow card creators! It's Wednesday and it's just in time to create another fun card using the newest Splitcoaststamper Card Sketch!

Last week I went supply shopping and I just couldn't resist the latest and most super cute patterned paper by Authentique called "Anchored". It is nautical themed and there is just something SO cute about this paper that I just had to have it!

http://authentiquepaper.com/products/Anchored

So in order to honour the theme of the paper I was trying to think of what I had that was nautical in nature and then I remember that Mo Manning from Mo's Digital Pencil had some cute little sailor images!  I had already bought the whole collection of the little sailor cuties; "Sailor Boys" in my digital folder so I used the little boy with the sailboat as my main image.  I loved the way Mo coloured him in her example image so I used it as my guideline for colours and shading.  I used Copic Markers to colour in my little boy and my Copic airbrush to create the soft back ground behind him.


I didn't want my little sailor fella to be a flat image so I printed him out 3 times on my laser printer and coloured and layered each piece of him to get a more dimensional image.  I think he turned out adorable!!!   I'd have to say... one of my most favourite cards EVER
For my other nautical details, I used my Silhouette and a cut file entitled "Nautical Set" to cut, create and layer an anchor themed paper strip and a cute little boat captain's wheel for my tag element.  I cut everything out of the fabulous "Anchored" paper collection so it would match perfectly.

Come and play along with us over at Splitcoaststampers today and join in this week's Card Sketch!

I'm also sharing this card for this week's Mo's Digital Challenge this week: #224 - Anything Goes With a Mo Image!

Thanks for stopping by everyone!   Happy stamping!

~ Ally ~


Supplies:
stamps:  Mo Manning (Sailor Boys)
cardstock:  Flourishes Classic White Cardstock
patterned papers: Authentique (Anchored)
die cut shapes: Spellbinders, Silhouette Cut Files (Nautical Set)
ink:  Copic, Ranger Distress
tools:  Copic Airbrush
other: thread.

8 comments:

Lyn said...

Oh my this is the most beautiful card!!!!!!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh WOW!! so, so sweet!!! Beautiful image and amazing coloring, thank you for sharing.

TLady said...

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!:) LOOK at those BLONDE LOCKS & HIS LITTLE SAILOR OUTFIT!!!!!:p I LOOOOOVE THE LAYERING OF HIM TOO!!! THAT PAPER IS GREAT!!!! EVERYTHING IS PERFECT ALLY!!!!!!!!!:)

Sue from Oregon said...

Darling!!!!

Susan Powell said...

WOW!!! Beautiful!! Your coloring is beautiful!

Catherine Pooler said...

This card is absolutely darling! Great job, Allison!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh! I love this! That paper is adorable, but your image and coloring are fantastic! What a perfect pairing! Love it Ally!

Jenny Gropp said...

I love this paper I love this paper pad! Your card is too cute.... Might be casing this one!

 
09 10