Monday, May 25, 2009

PTI: Blog Hop

Howdy all! In between packing boxes I just had this hankering to stamp! So I thought I would join you all tonight for one of my favourite monthly events, the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! To find out more about the blog hop, click here. To see what other people have created, click here to click on all the participant lists.

This month's hop is all abut using the colour YELLOW. One of my favourite colours and a great expression of summer coming!

We're moving on Friday to our new house so I thought I need an excuse to make cards to send to friends and family with our new mailing address. Perfect timing for a great challenge!

So here's the fun card I made using yellow as my main colour.....

We Are Moving!

click image to enlarge

I also made a matching envelope. See the above image.

Here's a close up of my card:


To colour my flower, I first created a mask for the center of the bloom. I then used my Copic air brush and coloured my petals.

The PTI stamps I used were:
Friends 'Til the End (small bloom and leaves)
Background Basics: Stars (on my tag)
Damask Designs (on my card base)

Other supplies: patterned papers: Scenic Route; sentiment stamp: myStamp BOX (Neighborhoods); ink: Stampin' Up!, Memento, Copic Sketch markers; tools: Spellbinder's Nestabilities; jute string: Stampin' Up!; pearls: Hero Arts; other: thread.

Hope you have a great night!

Photobucket

40 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, AWESOME! I used same set, but mine doesn't compare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!! love the yellow with the green! you also did a fantastic job making your own DP!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you colored the flower! Great card all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Ally - and what a great excuse :-) but who needs an excuse right???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card indeed! Love your background.

    Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty---that is one of my favorite stamp sets ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Ally!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Allison!! Love this creation and love the pearls in the middle of the flower! Have fun with all that packing...ugh.!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and yay for excuses to stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous! Perfect color combo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card. The pearls in the center of the flower are such a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh the Damask Designs looks so fantastic with that flower (which is also gorgeous, BTW).
    Great, now I'm going to have to get that set, too. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have created such an elegant card. Wow, I'd love to have you show me how you colored that flower. Happy new move!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! I love the colours on your card and I'd really like to indulge in an airbrush system...thanks for helping convince me! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. That card is so happy! Beautiful job with the background and the big flower.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love cards that use this set and your card is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, awesome coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! Love all of the textures and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty! Love the damask stamped base!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty. Great job on the coloring of the flower. I especially like the pearls in the middle of the flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOve it heaps hun!!You know I love yellow!Great job on the masking and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This amazing!! Your flower is so striking! Love the center being left white...it just draws your eye into how beautifully the leaves have been colored. Good luck on your move! :>

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful! Love how you've colored the flower, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful. I really like the pearls in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous!! I love your flower. You're making me want to go buy Friends til the End right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this card. The flower is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely! I like the stamped background paper and you did a great job with the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh my gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning coloring and great use of pearls. Love your envelope as well.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW - love your coloring...this is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow, what a lovely card. it is so summery and beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  35. soooo, pretty! love the layout and how you colored the flower. NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love, love, love that lined background! I don't have an airbrush, but I bet sponging would work just as well over a mask!

    ReplyDelete
  37. BEAUTIFUL card!! Happy moving on friday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I read and cherish every little comment. Thanks for brightening my day.
Hugs,
Ally.