Thank You Roses

I love CASE Study

I'm stuck at home today looking after a sick little boy. So while he's sleeping on the couch, I took a few minutes in my scraproom and created a card to play along with this week's CASE Study challenge:

This stunning card is by the talented Jill Foster, the June Muse:

Here's the card I came up with using Jill's card as inspiration...

Thank You

supplies: cardstock, Bazzill, Gina K. Designs; photo paper, Canon; inks, Ranger Distress Ink, Memento, Copic; die cut tag, Spellbinders; ribbon, Offray; mist, Tattered Angels; tools, Scor-Bug, water brush, hole punch.

I first started out with a 4x6 piece of semi-gloss photo paper. I print all of my photos at home so I always have photo paper on hand.

Then I used some Ranger Distress ink, "Spiced Marmalade" and inked my entire piece of photo paper. Then I misted it with Tattered Angels "Flower Power" & "Tiger Lily" Glimmer mists. I ran my Scor-Bug around the edges to create a faux stitched border.

Then I stamped my "Lenten Rose" image from Flourishes on cardstock and coloured it using Ranger's Distress inks; "Tumbled Glass", "Broken China", "Shabby Shutters" and "Peeled Paint".

I made my mini tag, stamped it with the "thank you" message from Flourishes and attached it using the ribbon and some adhesive.

Voila... a beautiful CASE Study result!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love how your background turned out on the semi-gloss paper- I'm going to have to try that!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... photo paper ... obviously I need to try that ... absolutely stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Allison...those flowers are just gorgeous and they look fabulous against the orange background! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet take on the inspiration, Allison! I so dig these Flourishes flowers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for brightening my day. I read each and every comment.
Hugs,
Ally.