A Page in Time: Thank you to Amy and Mary Ann for a wonderful 14 months! Thank you Amy for some amazing kits over the past year! I wish you both great success with APIT in 2010 and beyond!
The Scrapping Bug: Thank you to Kim for an AMAZING 2 years! I can't believe it's been that long!? You will always remain a wonderful and dear friend and I promise to visit any time I come home!
Creative Pandemonium: Thank you to Janelle for some very cool creative challenges over the past year! I have thoroughly enjoyed creating with you and my fellow team mates!
Scrapbook & Cards Today: Thank you to Catherine and Kerry for an amazing time allowing me to showcase my sketches in the magazine and my talents and tutorials on the blog. I have enjoyed working with you both over the last year & a half as your blog editor. I wish the magazine and the blog all the great successes; it deserves it!
I will still be a part of these communities but I wish to now focus my efforts at WeScrap.com, myStamp BOX and L-COM. I hope you will continue to join me there!
I have been watching for my new Gina K. Designs stamps to make my special card and I finally had a few minutes today to get it done. Gina is hosting a fun hop; make sure you check it out here.
For my card, I used the new "Vintage Borders" and the "A Very Merry Christmas" stamp sets.
Wishing You a Very Merry Christmas
supplies: cardstock, Bazzill; stamps, Gina K. Designs; embossing powder, Walmart; ink, Copic, Ranger; die cut shapes, Spellbinder's; other, gold brad.
Here's the inside of my card:
Here's a close up of my gold embossing and colouring of my tree...
I sure hope my Secret Santa buddy likes their card and gift!
Here's my creation using Susan's sketch....
supplies: patterned paper, BasicGrey, Cosmo Cricket; letter stickers, Doodlebug, Making Memories; stamps, my Stamp BOX (Seal it!, Just Add Notes); brads, Bo Bunny; ink, Ranger, Copic; other, ribbon, thread.
To start, please go to the L-COM blog.
Visit each of the blogs in the order given.
Leave a comment on each blog and return to the L-COM blog. Leave a comment there telling us you have completed the blog hop and your name will be put into a draw for some fun goodies by Let's Capture Our Memories! Along the way you may also have chances to win prizes from the individual blog owners, so make sure to read each blog post!!
Here is the blog hop order:
L-COM BLog http://letscaptureourmemories.blogspot.com/
Zoe Nemburt http://ceydaboo.blogspot.com/
Jenn DiPaolo http://divadsgn.blogspot.com/
Melissa Mann http://www.iheartpenquins.blogspot.com/
Guiseppa Gubler http://guiseppagubler.blogspot.com/
Amy Daigle http://isabellenathalielillian.blogspot.com/
Allison's Blog http://yourmemoriescanada.blogspot.com **You are here! **
Back to the L-COM Blog (http://letscaptureourmemories.blogspot.com/)
As requested, we are to share a little bit about ourselves...
Howdy! I'm Ally. Here are 10 fun facts that you might not know about me....
2. I have traveled from Toronto to Vancouver by train... TWICE! I love riding the rails!
3. I have been to a lot of the Canadian provinces; PEI, Quebec, New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC. I just need to see Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, the Northwest Territories, the Yukon and Nunavut.
4. My dream job would be to travel and teach scrapbooking!
5. I would love to design and sell my own stamps some day.
6. I am a Copic addict. I have about 130 of them so far and my collection will continue to grow until I have them all!
7. I have a serious addiction to stamps! I especially love Christmas stamps.
8. I have put my feet in both oceans; the Pacific and the Atlantic.
9. I have had no creative mojo up until about 2 days ago. I hadn't touched paper in almost a week! I know... shocking!
10. I have taken over 65,000 pictures with my Canon Rebel XT. I've had it since December 2005. I would love a new camera!
Now on to the reason we're all here tonight! Zoe created this STUNNING page...
...and we have all been asked to scraplift it. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?
Here's my lift.... the real page looks so much better than any picture I could get!
supplies: cardstock, Bazzill; glitter paper, MAMBI; metal flower, white brad, Chatterbox; mini stickers, Dazzles by Hot Off the Press; brads, Imaginisce, Queen & Co., Making Memories; pearls, Basic Grey; pine bough stamp, Gina K. Designs; felt snowflakes, green gems, glitter alphabets, Making Memories; die cut snowflakes, Spellbinder's; ink, Ranger, Copic; large snowflakes shape for paste, Tattered Angels; 3D molding paste, American Tradition Designs; other, Glimmer Mist, thread, paper bag.
Here are some close ups of my layout...
I created the 3D areas of my layout using 3D molding paste and a Tattered Angels snowflake mask. I also used my Copic air brush and added some subtle colour and speckling to the raised areas.
The page is a lot more sparkly in person. I sprayed a generous amount of Glimmer Mist over the entire page to add another layer of sparkle.
Thanks for playing along, and now you can hop on back to the L-COM blog. Don't forget to leave a comment there telling us you have completed the blog hop and your name will be put into a draw for some fun goodies by Let's Capture Our Memories! Good luck!
Join the L-COM Design Team for a fabulous blog hop filled with AMAZING creations!
We start at 7pm EST on the L-COM blog. I hope to see you there! You could even win a PRIZE for participating!
So what I have to do is respond to the following phrases with just ONE word!! Should be interesting to say the least! LOL!
Where's your cell phone: desk
Your hair: clean!
Your mother: Ontario
Your father: heart
Favorite Food: pasta
Dream last night: fun ;)
Favorite drink: juice
What room are you: livingroom
Where were you last night: couch
Something that you aren't: beautiful
Wish list item: money!
Where did you grow up: Ontario
What are you wearing: jeans
Your pets: none
Something you're not wearing: pjs
Favorite store: LSS!
Favorite color: Red
Last time you laughed: today
Your best friend: Tara
Place you go to over and over: bed
Person who emails you regularly: Tara
Favorite place to eat: out!
That was fun!! Now I have to pass it on to some of my blogger friends!!
Now girls, you have to do the same thing I did! Copy this into a new blog post and answer each phrase with one word! Then tag some of YOUR scrappy friends!!
Thanks for stopping by! Visit the blogs of these gals for some great inspiration!!
I take a lot of pride in my work but with So Sketchy!, I have decided to end it. I have loved creating sketches and sharing my work but I feel that my time is no longer needed in created these images. I have been humming and haaing over this decision but a phone call yesterday has sealed it's fate for me and made the decision for me.
We will have one more month of sketches and inspiration from my current DT and then I will physically remove the blog. I'm finding that a lot of people are re-posting my sketch images without my permission (one of those things with a website... I know!). I'm sad to see the site go but maybe I will feel better about my use of time on other projects now.
So long So Sketchy!.... on to bigger and better things... maybe...
Please note that November's blog candy will be the last monthly blog giveaway for me as well.
As you can tell... I'm feeling very defeated today and I don't know how much longer I will continue to scrapbook or to create or to share projects with you here outside of my WeScrap, LCTS/LCOM and myStamp BOX assignments. I think my crafting days are sadly numbered....
To start, please go to the sketch blog. Visit each of the blogs in the order given.
Leave a comment on each blog and then return to the sketch blog. Leave a comment there telling us you have completed the blog hop and your name will be put into a draw for some fun goodies by the blog sponsor Let's Capture Our Memories!
Along the way you may also have chances to win prizes from the individual blog owners, so make sure to read each blog post!!
Here is our blog hop order tonight:
Sketch Blog (www.letscapturethesesketches.blogspot.com)
Allison's Blog ***You are HERE! ***
Back to the Sketch Blog (www.letscapturethesesketches.blogspot.com)
Now on to the show! Let's start off by getting to know me a little better...
I am a mom of only one little boy, 4 year old Spencer.
I am married to my best friend, Todd, for over 2 years now.
Our little family of three live in the wilderness of the Kootenay Mountains of British Columbia, Canada.
Here are 10 random facts about me....
- I walk with my big toes pointing up! Yup... for some reason I don't like planting my big toes on the ground when I walk... strange!!!!!
- I have only driven an automatic car maybe 10 times in my whole life! I have only owned stick-shift vehicles in my "driving" life.
- I got married to Todd in a BLACK wedding dress. Yup! BLACK!
- I am addicted to my computer. I use it so much that my poor husband had to go out and buy his own just to have time on a computer!!!
- My first scrappy publication was in a British magazine called The Scrapbook Magazine about 4 years ago.
- I giveaway a FREE set of myStamp BOX stamps EVERY month to one of my lucky blog readers. Click the banner at the top of my blog for details!
- We have LOTS of deer that trot through our yard everyday. I have loved watching all the does with their sweet little fawns grow up all summer long. And apparently jack o'lanterns are a deer delicacy.
- We moved to BC a little over a year ago. It took my Mom, my son and I only 3 days to drive out here from my home province of Ontario.
- I am afraid of heights!! On my second date with my husband, he convinced me to go snowboarding with him and I had to take a ski lift for one of the first times in my life. Awww!
- I met my husband through an on-line singles forum! We have been inseparable ever since... almost 6 years later!
I took Tina's sketch and rotated it 90 degrees and this is what I came up with....
supplies: patterned paper, alphabet stickers, gem snowflake, button, BasicGrey; transparent snowflake paper, Making Memories; adhesive pearls, Kaisercraft; transparent snowflakes, MAMBI; other, thread.
Thanks for playing along, and now you can hop on over to SUSAN'S BLOG. Don't forget to leave a comment!
I also wanted to showcase some fun Canadian stamps by Paper Pretties today... isn't she pretty? I also wanted to create a card for the Copic Creations blog and this week's challenge is red hair.
supplies: patterned papers, BasicGrey; cardstock, Prism, Bazzill; ink, Copic, Memento, Ranger; glitter, Martha Stewart; tag die cut, Spellbinder's; other, ribbon.
Have a great Thursday evening!
Here's my sketch creation:
Scoopin' Up Brains
supplies: patterned papers, My Mind's Eye, Cosmo Cricket; cardstock, Bazzill, Prism; stamps, my Stamp BOX (Floating Leaves, Seal It!, Rough Copy Alphabet), Flourishes, Papertrey Ink; ink, Ranger, Copic; pumpkin die cut, QuicKutz; brads, Bo Bunny; other, thread.
Make sure you check out the other DT pages using my sketch here.
Don't forget... we're having our first official blog hop for LCTS this Friday at 7pm EST. Make sure you stop by. You may even win a prize!
Come and found out how I made this fun little project and one other for yourself on the mSB blog today! This project has also been posted on the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog today too!
I plugged in all the valid comments for October's blog candy and threw all the names in the Random.org list randomizer and this is what it spit out for a winner....
There were 60 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
Now on to this month's BLOG CANDY...
For this month's blog candy, I'm again offering up ANY stamp set of your choice from myStamp BOX (valued at $19.99 CAN or less) again. Yippee for FREE stamps!!!
To have a chance to win a stamp set of your choice, you must:
(PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! Any comments in this post not containing your name & basic location will be rejected.)
1. Leave a comment below with your first name and last initial and your city and province/state of residence. *Open to all!*
2. Post something on your blog (if you have one) to indicate to people that I'm giving away FREE stamps and send them here to this post. In a separate comment below, post a link to your blog post. This second comment will also get you another ballot into my draw.
If you DO NOT post a comment below, your blog posts for the month will not count towards ballots for a free set of stamps so make sure you at least leave one comment below with your required information.
To increase your odds of winning, for EVERY comment you make on my blog throughout the month of November (including all the November posts up to here!), will earn you an additional ballot for your chance to win the set of stamps of your choosing.
Blog candy is open to all participants... Canadian, US and international people!Note: prize must be claimed within 30 days of announcement of winner.